Seaton Avenue/Creedmoor Place - 1941
Seaton Avenue at the intersection with
Creedmoor Place. Seaton continues down the hill while
Creedmoor Place loops up to the left and on to Harcor Drive and
These photos from 1941 show the
construction of homes along Seaton Avenue, from Creedmoor Place south
towards the border with Baldwin Township. In fact, at the time these homes
were built, this land was part of Baldwin. These homes were connected to
the existing city water and sewer lines. In 1950, a referendum was passed
and this part of Seaton Avenue was annexed into the city and added to
Brookline's census tract.
This picture was taken from near the
present-day boundary of Brookline looking west.
This section of Seaton Avenue also carries the designation Romine
Brookline> <> <Brookline History>