Duquesne University first opened its doors as the Pittsburgh Catholic College of the Holy Ghost in October, 1878 with an enrollment of 40 students and a faculty of seven. From a humble original location on Wylie Avenue in the City's Uptown section to its present beautifully self-contained campus, Duquesne provides a hilltop vista overlooking one of the nation's most attractive cities.
Today Duquesne University is a progressive, educational community which has more than tripled from its early 12.5 acres to its present, self-enclosed 40-acre campus on the "Bluff." Duquesne was cited by USA Today as having the safest campus in Pennsylvania and one of the safest campuses in the nation.
For more information on Duquesne University, go to www.duq.edu.
<Historical Facts> <> <Brookline History>