Views of Schenley Park
Schenley Park was established in 1889 under the supervision of City Planning director Edward Bigelow. Originally, 300 acres of parkland were donated to the city by Mary E. Schenley. Over the years the park was increased to 456 acres. It was Pittsburgh's first public park and today is one of the city's finest and most frequented public greenspaces. The scenic landscape contains many wonderful attractions, like the Phipps Conservatory and the Aviary. The park is located by the Carnegie Institute and Cathedral of Learning in Oakland.
Wikipedia: Schenley Park.
Vintage Postcard images of Schenley Park
<Historical Facts> <> <Brookline History>