Brookline Pharmacy - 1909
A postcard image from early-1909 showing Melvin's Brookline Pharmacy, located at 826 Brookline Boulevard on the corner of Stebbins Avenue. For nearly seventy years there was a pharmacy at this location, as well as a doctors or dentists office on the second floor. First Melvin's Brookline Pharmacy, then Alm's Pharmacy and finally Stebbrooks Pharmacy all did business here.
In the early 1970s, Stebbrook Pharmacy moved to a new location on the boulevard and the building was used by Mellon Bank as their Brookline branch office. Mellon remodeled the interior and exterior of the building, dramatically changing the appearance and removing a lot of the nice architectural styling.
After Mellon closed the branch office, they left a MAC machine on the front. That MAC is now the property of Citizen's Bank. As of December 2017, the building is vacant and for sale.
Click on images for larger photos
* Photo provided by Tom Castrodale *
<The Brookline Firehouse> <> <Brookline History>