St. Mark Church -
Marie Fisher Daugherty
Longtime organist Marie Fisher Daugherty of St. Mark Church. The photo is from the 1930s, and this was the original organ at the new St. Mark Church, built in 1928. The beautiful organ was damaged and lost during a 1950s renovation.
Marie was the daughter of Philip Fisher, who owned a farm on Edgebrook Avenue in the late 1800s-early 1900s. She was an accomplished piano master who taught private lessons to Brookline kids for seventy years, from 1918 to 1988. To learn more about Philip, Marie and the entire Fisher family, click here.
* Photo provided by Edna Engel *
<Local Churches> <> <Brookline History>