248/250 - 218/220
Aidyl Avenue - 1935
Then and Now
The 1935 photo above shows the duplex homes at 248-250 and 218-220 Aidyl Avenue, just to the right at the top of the Kenilworth Avenue steps. Behind the houses along Aidyl Avenue is the estate home of Elizabeth Fleming, who was the daughter of Richard and Harriette Knowlson. This land was once part of the vast Knowlson Farm. Where the Fleming house once stood is now the St. Pius Church and School complex. The photo below shows an image of the Aidyl Avenue homes in 2013.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>