J.E. Harris' West Liberty News Agency - 1916
The J.E. Harris' West Liberty News Agency, owned by James and Edith Harris, was one of the first new businesses to be built along the path of the recently reconstructed West Liberty Avenue. Shown here in June 1916, the building was located just north of the Pioneer Avenue intersection, next to the home of Peter Shaffner, who had until recently operated a wagon repair shop at that same location.
The Harris' were emigrants from England who
settled in Brookline. After Mr. Harris passed, Mrs. Harris ran the business until
retiring in the mid-1960s. For a brief time the building was a small restaurant.
It was torn down in the early 1970s.
Click on images for
Click on images for larger pictures.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>