Stetson Street at West
Liberty Avenue - 1912
Then and Now
Stetson Street, on West Liberty Avenue, near Cape May Avenue, in 1912. This is the site of the Central Meat Market. To the left out of view was the main entrance to the Paul Coal Company's mine, which provided home heating coal for the residents of the surrounding communities. The Paul Place plan of homes is being built on the hillside above, including houses on Wareman and Plainview Avenues.
Stetson Street, on West Liberty Avenue, near Cape May Avenue, in 1912. Today there is a roadway connecting Plainview and Woodward to West Liberty. Where the Central Meat Market stood is now the site of Weiss Automotive Service. The hillside is no longer a barren landscape.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>