The Old Anderson Farmhouse
The old Anderson farmhouse stood atop the upper plateau above the Little and Senior League baseball fields. The old estate home was renovated and used as the Recreation Center building from 1947 to 1971, when the 76-year old landmark burned to the ground.
From 1874 to 1945, the Anderson family farmed the surrounding hillsides. The Anderson Farm once stretched from Breining Street to Brookline Boulevard, encompassing over twenty acres. The farmhouse was built in 1895.
Many who grew up in the 50s, 60s and 70s may remember the abundance of apple and pear trees from the family orchard that lined the roadway leading to the old house. The photo below shows the house standing on the plateau above the old Little League field in 1968.
<Anderson Farm> <> <Brookline Park> <> <Brookline History>