DePaul Institute Chapel - 1961
DePaul Institute in Brookline opened its doors in 1908, and began its 53rd year in September, 1961 by erecting a chapel and convent. Other improvements to the facility during the construction included the re-equipping of eight classrooms with the most modern group hearing aids. The convent provided facilities for thirty sisters who made up part of the DePaul staff. The chapel accomodated almost 400, giving the parents of the children an opportunity to assist at the more solemn religious functions during the school year. DePaul Institute moved to Shadyside in 2003. The campus is now an outreach center.
* Reprinted from the Brookline Journal - Sept. 7, 1961 *
<Local Churches> <> <Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>