Resurrection School Enrollment - 1913
Here are three pictures showing practically the entire enrollment of Resurrection School in 1913, the second year of Brookline's only parochial school at that time. For several years after its inception, Ressi took in children from kindergarten age through high school. There was only the one schoolhouse, which also doubled as the church building for several years until the present church was built.
The number of pupils at Resurrection in 1913 numbered 115. The parish's first pastor, Rev. James L. Quinn, who headed the congregation for 46 years, could have hardly forseen that someday the school's graduation class alone would number nearly 200 students. By the year 1959, Resurrection was the largest elementary school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Click on images for a larger pictures.
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>