Elizabeth Seton High School - 1941
Here is a photo of Elizabeth Seton High School as it appeared in 1941, the year it first opened. Located on Pioneer Avenue, this local parochial school was for girls only; boys went to South Hills Catholic High School.
Purchased in 1941 from the city of Pittsburgh, the building was renovated and dedicated as Elizabeth Seton High School. Originally, this was the site of West Liberty Elementary School. West Liberty was the first, and at one time the only, public elementary school in the South Hills section of Pittsburgh. The schoolhouse was constructed in 1898.
* Photo provided by Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh *
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>