St. Pius X Construction - 1955
Here is a photo showing the construction of St. Piux X Church and School in 1955. The completed site is shown below at on its dedication day. St. Pius is located off of Pioneer Avenue near the intersection with McNeilly Road, and is the third offspring church formed from the congregation of Resurrection Church. The parish itself is still named St. Pius X but the school is now called Brookline Regional Catholic, formed in a merger with St. Pius X, Our Lady of Loreto, and Resurrection Schools. The school grounds were also, for many years the site of the St. Pius Expo, a weekend carnival, usually held the final week before the start of school.
<Local Churches> <> <Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>