Engine House #57 and Crew - 1920
Brookline's firefighters with their horse-drawn combination chemical and hose wagon in 1920. Hoseman Harry Grimm is holding the reins. In 1921, motorized transportation came to Engine House #57 in the form of a 1914 model American La France chemical and hose truck. The station continued to use the horse-drawn chemical and hose wagon until 1927.
The crew of
Engine House #57 in 1920, including Captain Jonathan Martin,
Brookline's Engine House #57 in 1920.
Click on the images for larger pictures.
<The Brookline Firehouse> <> <Brookline History>