1700 Saw Mill Run
Then and Now
This home at 1700 Saw Mill Run Boulevard stood at the corner with Whited Street since the late 1800s. Shown here in 1945, the former vintage Reflectorville, then Overbrook, estate home with a large front yard became part of an Amoco service station in the 1930s, owned by the Clement's family, after the 1929 construction of Saw Mill Run Boulevard.
The boulevard passed right through the front yard, so close to the home that the front porch had to be removed to make room for the sideway. The side yard adjacent to Whited Street was used for the placement of gas pumps. Over the years, beginning in 1945, the property underwent several changes and upgrades. The photos below show how it was transformed over the decade following the above 1945 photo.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>