Downtown Pontiac - 1950
Downtown Pontiac, shown here in the 1950s, was a popular local dealership located along West Liberty Avenue, near Capital Avenue. Started in 1924, the business moved to 2020 West Liberty, on the Beechview side of the street, in 1937. It was soon moved to the permanent location at 1953 West Liberty. Later, as the dealership expanded, the address was changed to 2001 West Liberty Avenue.
Downtown Motors of Pittsburgh, or Downtown Pontiac as it was frequently called, was in business on West Liberty Avenue for over six decades, closing in 1999.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>