Brookline Blvd and West
Liberty Ave - 1915
Then and Now
The intersection of Brookline Boulevard and West Liberty Avenue in 1915 during the reconstruction of West Liberty and the laying of double-track line up the road to the city limit. Up to this time West Liberty was basically just a dirt road, with cobblestones between the tracks only. Note the old Knowlson Church at the corner on the left.
The intersection of Brookline Boulevard and West Liberty Avenue in 2004. The old church is long gone by now. The tracks have been removed and West Liberty is now lined with car dealerships. The intersection of Wenzell Avenue, Brookline Boulevard and West Liberty Avenue is abuzz with traffic 24 hours a day.
<Now and Then> <> <Brookline History>