Elizabeth Seton High School - 1948
Here is a photo of Elizabeth Seton High School in 1948. The caption refered to it as the Little Red School on Capital Hill.
The building dates back to the 1898, and was originally West Liberty Elementary School. Purchased from the city of Pittsburgh in 1941, the building was renovated and reopened as a girls-only high school administered by the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, the same Sisters who taught at Resurrection Elementary School.
The building was demolished during January and February, 1971 so that work on a new Classroom Complex, which began in 1970, could be completed. Students, faculty, and volunteers moved the books and desks to the new complex on January 4, 1971. The new Classroom Complex was dedicated on May 23, 1971.
* Photos provided by Shirley Johnson and Sister Louise Grundish *
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>