Brookline Boulevard - 1913
This 1913 photo, taken from Wenzel Avenue in Beechview, shows the lower end of Brookline Boulevard, from West Liberty Avenue up the hill to Pioneer Avenue. The building on the left near the top of the hill is the original St. Mark's Church. In 1935, this section of the neighborhood thoroughfare was redesignated Bodkin Street as a result of the re-routing of Brookline Boulevard along the Pittsburgh Railways right-of-way, which was previously used for trolley traffic only.
Click on the image for a larger picture
<Brookline Boulevard> <> <Brookline History>