Carnival On Brookline Boulevard - 1948
These photos were taken back in the Summer of 1948 when the Brookline Memorial Community Center Association held it's annual carnival on the lot situated between 1033 and 1049 Brookline Boulevard, near DeBor Funeral Home. Today an apartment home and professional building stand on this property.
The 1936 Graham parked in from of the McGaffin home was owned by long-time Brookline resident Mr. James J. McGaffin. The boy in the photo is Tommy McGaffin, who went on to work with his father in the construction business. One of Tom's many construction projects in Brookline was the building of Our Lady of Loreto Church/School in 1961, The Resurrection Activities Center in 1965 and the Brookline Memorial Recreation Center in 1970.
<Brookline Boulevard> <> <Brookline History>