Our Lady Of
Consecration of the School Children - 1959
On October 7, 1959, Father Arthur Garbin consecrated the Our Lady of Loreto school-age children in a special mass held at Resurrection Church. At this early time in the parishes history, before their own church and school were available, Loreto students attended Resurrection Elementary. This is actually a great photo of Resurrection's sanctuary, with all of the marble floor exposed and all of the original murals still in place. The marble has since been covered and several murals painted over.
Click on image for a larger photo
* Photo provided by Our Lady of Loreto Archives *
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>