Elizabeth Seton High School - 1970
Here is a photo of Elizabeth Seton High School in 1970, shortly before the demolition of the old school building.
The old building dates back to the 1898, and was originally West Liberty Elementary School. Purchased from the city of Pittsburgh in 1941, the building was renovated and reopened as a girls-only high school administered by the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, the same Sisters who taught at Resurrection Elementary School.
The expansion to the right of the old school building opened in 1953.
The original building was demolished during January and February, 1971 so that work on a new Classroom Complex (slightly visible to the rear of the old school building), which began in 1970, could be completed. Students, faculty, and volunteers moved books and desks to the new complex on January 4, 1971. The new Classroom Complex was dedicated on May 23, 1971.
* Photo provided by Sister Louise Grundish *
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>