St. Pius X Church - 50th Anniversary - 2004
This is St. Pius X Church, located off of Pioneer Avenue, in 2004. The parish is gearing up for their 50th Anniversary celebration. Formed in 1954 as the third offspring of the Resurrection Parish, St. Pius X also houses the only parochial school left in the neighborhood. Brookline Regional Catholic was formed in 1996 and merged students from the three diocesan schools (Pius, Loreto, Resurrection).
Over the last fifty years St. Pius X has built up a proud tradition of service to the Brookline community. For 34 years from 1969-2002, the pastor, Father Thomas J. Marpes, was the spiritual leader of the parish. Father Robert J. Miller now heads the congregation.
Brookline Regional Catholic school is one of the leaders in the diocese in academic excellence and athletic achievement. Brookline is fortunate to have such a fine institution available to those seeking a parochial education.
<Local Schools> <><Local Churches> <> <Brookline History>