West Liberty Elementary School - 1939
West Liberty Elementary School in 1939 shortly before its dedication at the start of the school year. This was the third incarnation of the local public school, with its history dating back to 1850 and a small schoolhouse at the corner of Cape May and West Liberty Avenue. This new school building replaced the "Little Red Schoolhouse" near the intersection of Capital and Pioneer Avenues.
The new school building was constructed at the corner of Crysler and LaMoine Streets. Two extensive renovations have occured over the years, one in 1959 and another in 2000. The addition of the new wings nearly tripled the size of the complex, now known as West Liberty Classical Academy.
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>