Myer's Service Station - 1936
Myer's Service Station stood at the corner of Pioneer Avenue and Brookline Boulevard for several decades. Shown here in 1936, the station had ten underground tanks and sold five different brands of gasoline, which was a common practice in the 1930s.
The property was sold in 1976 and converted into a pizza shop, known as Giorgio's. The building stood until 1999, when construction on the CVS Pharmacy began.
Note: The home next to the gas station along Pioneer Avenue was originally located on the same ground as the station. In 1929 it was moved to the new location. That home was also demolished in 1999.
Click on image for a larger picture
<Brookline Boulevard> <> <Brookline History>