Resurrection School Expansion - 1957
Here is a photo from 1957 showing the new Middle School building at Resurrection Elementary School. Built to ease overcrowding in the main school, which had been in use since 1912, the expansion contained six new classrooms.
The addition was enlarged in 1965 to include several more new classrooms, a library, meeting hall and a gymnasium/auditorium. After Resurrection School closed in 1996, the middle school/activities center buildings continued to be used sparingly for various CCD classes, social functions and public school early learning programs.
While the old school building, shown above in 1957, was renovated and into senior housing apartments known as Creedmoor Court Apartments, the newer school building was eventually abandoned and fell into disrepair. Unable to afford upkeep of the structure, the diocese in June 2020 scheduled the property for demolition to create additional church parking.
1957 Dedication Bulletin for Middle School
<Local Schools> <> <Brookline History>